We know that buying or selling a property is a critically important transaction for you so we work hard to understand your individual requirements and provide careful, constant advice at every stage.
When you engage Salvos Legal for your residential conveyancing, you will receive top quality advice at a competitive price and know that you are helping to increase access to justice for vulnerable members of our community.
Our conveyancing team specialises in:
- Residential sales and purchases
- Off the plan purchases
- Transfers of property
- Foreign investment review board purchases
Contact our team
Buying a property can be a complicated and daunting experience. You can expect us to be in contact with you all the way through your transaction, and to be available to answer any questions you may have.
- Review the contract and advise you on its terms
- Check the title to the property and advise you of any restrictions (such as building restrictions), rights of way, easements, covenants and any other matters of title discoverable from a search of the title
- Liaise with the seller’s solicitor to negotiate terms and exchange of contracts
- Liaise with your lender as required regarding completion of the sale
- Coordinate completion of your purchase with other parties involved
- Ensure that you or your lender receive title to the property on completion
When you buy a property at auction, you are legally bound to the contract as soon as contracts are exchanged at the auction. It’s therefore very important to obtain legal advice before you bid at an auction.
We will review the contract, pointing out any clauses that may be of concern to you and explaining any legal issues. We can also negotiate any necessary amendments to the contract in your favour prior to the auction.
If you are buying a property by private treaty, we will review and explain the contract to you and request any necessary amendments prior to you signing the contract.
We specialise in guiding you through the sales process. You can expect us to be in contact with you all the way through your transaction, and to be available to answer any questions you may have.
Before a residential property is marketed for sale, a draft contract must be available for prospective buyers to view. Therefore it is important that you consult us as soon as you engage the services of a real estate agent to market your property or decide to market the property yourself.
- Prepare the marketing contract
- Send the marketing contract to you and your selling agent
- Send auction contracts (if applicable) to your selling agent if the property is being sold at public auction
- Finalise the contract and the legal matters involved when a buyer is found
- Undertake necessary legal work between signing the contract and completion of the sale
- Attend to completion of the sale