Award-winning law firm with a difference.
Salvos Legal is a social enterprise law firm – all profits are used to fund Salvos Legal Humanitarian, which provides free legal services to people in need and who do not qualify for government aided legal assistance.
Salvos Legal provide expert and practical legal advice in the areas of commercial law, immigration and citizenship, property, not for profit law, wills and estates. We work mostly with governments, not for profit organisations, small to medium size enterprises, and individuals.
We have also been recognised by the industry with awards including:
- Australian Law Firm of the Year 2017 & 2016 (up to 100 lawyers) & Boutique Firm of the Year 2015 in the Australasian Law Awards
- Corporate Citizen Firm of the Year 2017, 2016 & 2015 in the Australasian Law Awards
- Named in 2016 Innovative Firms list and ranked equal third in Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyers 2016 (Business of Law, Asia-Pacific HQ)
- Australia’s Large Social Enterprise of the Year in the 2015 Social Enterprise Awards
- Law Firm of the Year in the 2014 Australian Law Awards
- Australian Boutique Firm of the Year in the 2015 Australasian Law Awards.
Our ISO9001:2015 certification means we are proactive and responsive with robust compliance processes in place across all aspects of our practice, including but not limited to conflict of interest management.
We are a certified B Corporation, an international certification that ensures we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance as well as accountability and transparency. We are also signatories to the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate responsibility initiative.
As Salvos Legal is a not-for-profit firm that is wholly owned by The Salvation Army, no distributions of dividends are made otherwise than for the funding of the work of Salvos Legal Humanitarian. Salvos Legal is a recognised Charitable Institution, and Salvos Legal Humanitarian is a recognised Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) which holds Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status.