Award-winning law firm with a difference.
Salvos Legal is a trusted legal adviser and a force for good.
We partner with our clients to provide expert, practical legal advice in corporate & commercial, property, not-for-profit and intellectual property and technology law. Our practice leaders are specialists in their fields and joined us from national law firms.
Uniquely, we are a social enterprise law firm – all of our profits are used to fund Salvos Legal Humanitarian, our humanitarian arm which operates free legal services for people in need in NSW, Queensland and Victoria.
Since launching in 2010, our innovative approach has attracted a blue-chip client list including ASX200 companies, federal & state government agencies, not-for-profit organisations, small to medium enterprises, and individuals.
We have also been recognised by the industry with awards including:
- Australian Law Firm of the Year 2017 & 2016 (up to 100 lawyers) & Boutique Firm of the Year 2015 in the Australasian Law Awards
- Corporate Citizen Firm of the Year 2017, 2016 & 2015 in the Australasian Law Awards
- Named in 2016 Innovative Firms list and ranked equal third in Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyers 2016 (Business of Law, Asia-Pacific HQ)
- Australia’s Large Social Enterprise of the Year in the 2015 Social Enterprise Awards
- Law Firm of the Year in the 2014 Australian Law Awards
- Australian Boutique Firm of the Year in the 2015 Australasian Law Awards.
We are a certified B Corporation, an international certification that ensures we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance as well as accountability and transparency. We are also signatories to the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate responsibility initiative.
As Salvos Legal is a not-for-profit firm that is wholly owned by The Salvation Army, no distributions of dividends are made otherwise than for the funding of the work of Salvos Legal Humanitarian. Salvos Legal is a recognised Charitable Institution, and Salvos Legal Humanitarian is a recognised Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) which holds Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status.